You can use online services at the surgery to book an appointment, order a repeat prescription, get a sick note, view test results, ask about a non-urgent medical problem and view your medical record.
There are different online services for different tasks.
Use Engage Consult to:
- Submit an admin request (such as requesting a sick note or cancelling an appointment)
- Complete an online form to ask about a non-urgent medical problem
- Get information on self-care and community services
We will usually respond within three working days.
Engage Consult should not be used for any medical problem that you think is an emergency, including a worsening infection.
For repeat prescription requests use your NHS account.
Your NHS account
Use your NHS account (on the NHS website or in the NHS App) to:
- order repeat prescriptions and view, set or change your nominated pharmacy
- view your GP health record securely
- consult a GP or health professional through an online form and get a reply
- access health services on behalf of someone you care for
- view test results, imaging and health links from a hospital visit or appointment
Registering for online services
The easiest way to use Engage Consult and the NHS App is using your NHS account.
The NHS website contains information on how to create an account and how to setup an NHS login.
Registering for someone else on their behalf
You can register for someone else on their behalf (proxy access) if you are a carer or relative.
Proxy access needs to be authorised by a GP. The practice will phone or text you to confirm the request has been authorised.
You will then need to bring photo ID and proof of your address to the surgery, where the receptionist will set up your proxy access.